Sunday, November 2, 2008

Popcorn Balls & Pigeons

I didn't need to get all upset worrying about hoards of human children coming to my house on Halloween. We only had 4 kids and they all came at once and they were all my mom's niece's children. Those kids are ok because they have 3 small dawgs and know not to get all up in my face. They leave me alone until I'm ready to talk to them.
My mom got a popcorn ball from the neighbors around the corner that she has been trick-or-treating with since she was a little girl! Mrs. Culver says she has to keep making the popcorn balls because there are still people who come there specially on Halloween just for them (my mom being one of them!) Doesn't it look good? My mom ate it right up and only gave me the crumbs that fell off while she was scoffing it down. Hmpf!This morning my mom looked outside and saw a pigeon in our back yard! What?! We don't live in a city, there are no pigeons hanging around in parks eating bread crumbs here like in the movies. Where the heck did that pigeon come from. Did he hitch a ride out to the Hamptons on the Long Island Rail Road or on someone's car and decide to become a beach bum pigeon?? He flew away when my mom got about 10' away from him. I wonder if he'll come see us again...

18 comments:

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Do you think the pigeon arrived from my Big World? I wonder if he is my friend.
I don't think I like popcorn balls. Do you?
--JB

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I would SOOOOO love a popkhorn ball!

Happy Sunday!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Lorenza said...

Hi, Pedro!
Glad you had a quiet halloween!
My mom is drooling looking at that popcorn ball!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Poppy said...

Is a "popcorn ball" a treat or a toy??? Can it be both? I want one!

Poppy

the many Bs said...

hi Pedro, we like your new blog design.

our mom says that popcorn balls are really yummy. we bet those crumbs that you got were really good.

that's funny about that pigeon. we would love to chase him! hee hee

woofs.

Coco Bean - The Princess said...

i know one thing for sure... Pigeon = Bird, and my mommyhas two large birds and they feathers are FUN FUN FUN to play with !

Tail Wiggles & Puppy Kisses

Coco - The Princess

Katie and Gizmo said...

Hi Pedro, that is the biggest popcorn I've ever seen.

Lickz
Gizmo

p.s. I like your new blog design too

Moco said...

Do you think the pigeon came for a popcorn ball?
The crazy old lady ways that homemade popcorn balls are the best.

Huskee and Hershey said...

I have to admit I've seen popcorns but never seen/ heard of popcorn balls! OMdoG.. I am missing out SO much!

Girl Girl Hamster said...

That popcorn ball looks yummilicious

~ Girl girl

Rambo said...

Cousin,
I think that pidgeon is really a ghost in a Halloween costume trying to scare you!
BOO!! Or...maybe he just wants the popcorn ball??
Rammy

Thor and Jack said...

Pedro!
Mmmmm! Those popcorns balls looks yummy! I´ve never tried that!
Your new blog layout is great!

Love and licks
Thor

Mango the Maltese kiddo said...

Pedro,
You had a date with Coco?
Man oh man I'm so happy for you.
Why didn't you tell us more about it?

Pedro said...

Ram,

I'm telling you, my mom ate that popcorn ball so fast I hardly even knew it was there and Ziggy didn't even have time to drool!

Pedro

Rambo said...

Cousin,
I am still having breathing attacks. I think I might have asthma! MM is doing a little better.
Thanks for thinking about us!
G-Mom said to tell your Mom that she will get around to changing the Gold Paw...she's been busy taking care of us sick dawgs.
Ram

River said...

Popcorn balls are great if you can get them! Glad the day wasn't too stressful.

love & wags,
River

Anonymous said...

Hey pedro, did you have a nice halloween? I never seen a popcorn ball before, i would love to take a big bite :)

Amber~

i said...

I think LS is rather fascinated by the popcorn ball. She kept going back to look at the picture. Gee too bad you only got crumbs. Hey, love your costume though!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails