Monday, February 2, 2009

The Weather Can't Make Up It's Mind

That's what my mom says. The other day we woke up to 4" of new snow on the ground. Ziggy of course was lovin it. I dealt with it cause I didn't have any other choice. My mom wanted to play hookie from work and go cross country skiing on the golf course but went to work like a responsible adult should. It's a good thing she did cause two hours later it started raining, pouring actually, and it continued all day. By the time she drove home that night the thermometer in her car read 48 degrees (Fahrenheit) and all the snow was gone. On the way to work that morning it was in the 20's.
This weekend my mom decided it would be fun for her, Ziggy and me to go for a walk on the beach. We haven't gone in a long time and it was 44 degrees and sunny so it seemed like a good idea. Ziggy and I played in the dunes for awhile reading and leaving pee mails. Then we went down by the water. Whoa!! It was W~I~N~D~Y and freezing! Ziggy didn't mind though and he headed straight for the ocean and ran in! My mom started screaming for him to GET OUT! He got out but seemed a little perplexed by her attitude. That dawg should be living in Alaska. Winter is like summer for him. Not me though. The sand was whipping and my mom was afraid I'd freeze even though she made me wear that stupid sweater. So she scooped me up and put me in her coat. That's how we walked on the beach until we got back to the dunes. It was fun but now Ziggy is sandy and salty and has to have another bath (hahaha).

20 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Ziggy SOOOOO has the khorrekht idea!

Woo are right: the weather is being stoooopid!

It was furry nice that your mom took such goooooood khare of woo!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Lacy said...

w00f's Pedro and Ziggy, me thinks me wood like to run on the beach...me mite not like having to haff a baff afterwards....

b safe,
~rocky~

Lorenza said...

Hi, Pedro!
Yes, the weather is crazy!
Ziggy sure likes snow!
You look great with your sweater!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Rambo said...

Cousin,
I don't think your sweater is stupid. It looks spiffy! But you look much better in your Mom's coat!
Is Ziggy crazy jumping in the water? He's gonna freeze to death. He deserves to get a bath.
love,
cousin Rambo
you and Ziggy can come to my house and play. It is in the 80's here at my dog house.

CoCo said...

Hey it looks like you guys have weather just like ours here in Texas. Except we do not have snow...just a lot of yo-yo temperatures.

Hugs,
CoCo

Hector and Lola said...

Pedro! You look so warm and cuddley in the picture with you and your mom! We love your sweater! We don't usually get to break out the sweaters, just t-shirts. It's too warm in Nashville! You really are adorable! -Hec and Lola

Bae Bae said...

Hee poor Ziggy have to take a bath. I hope you get better and more stable weather soon

~ Bae

Moco said...

We are dealing with the changing weather also. The fog seems to want to stay forever. Good thing your mom didn't try to pick up you and Ziggy.

Scottie the 'Cutie' said...

Wow, the beach looked awesome, Pedro! But then, I don't think I would have jumped in like Ziggy...it does look so windy and cold, especially the last photo of you and your Mom! Hope spring comes soon!

Scottie

Sam said...

Love your sweater Pedro! The weather won't make up its mind here either. We had 50 degree weather yesterday and now it's snowing!

Isn't the beach fun in the winter? No one's around and you can have a blast!!

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

ARe you sure you don't live in TX with that weather? That is how it is here, one day 70, the next day 20, and back again. Nice to see your mom on your blog!
Oh Pedro, I think my new little brother might have worms. Mom is trying to get an appointment at the vet. Pedro, I don't want worms....I am even more scared now!
--JB

Katie and Gizmo said...

Oh Pedro, I don't blame you. When it's windy it seems all the more colder.
At least your mum wrapped you up in her coat, I bet you just loved that just like I do.

Hugz & Lickz
Gizmo

Coco Bean - The Princess said...

I left an award for you on my page! Thank you for being my friend!

Tail Wiggles & Puppy Kisses,

Coco - The Princess

i said...

Sounds like a crazy weather you've got there. It has been mostly wet around here everyday.

Niamh said...

Nice that you mom let you snuggle inside her coat. Bet that was nice and warm.

Your friend,
Niamh

the many Bs said...

hi Pedro, you guys really do have the crazy weather. we like it! we really like your beach. we would love to run and play there. it looks like a great place, but cold. we're glad your mom carried you inside her coat.

woofs.

Deefor said...

Hi Pedro
Every dog has crazy weather. Here in Colorado it's been really warm and today it might snow. I like your footprint pictures. The beach looks like fun.

Deefor

Huskee and Hershey said...

Hi Pedro,
I love the pic of you snuggling inside your mom's coat! I bet it must've been nice and cosy in there...
Ziggy must be real brave to go in for a swim!!

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Pedro, my good buddy. Where has your cute face been? Is your mom as busy as mine? Yes, I caught snuggling.....very bad, I know. What can I say? hee hee
--JB

Jemma Chihuahua said...

Pedro,

Your sweater is gorgeous! Your mom must really like stripes -- her gloves are striped, too, hehe.

Love,
Jemma

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails