Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Her Royal Highness, The Queen

If I am the King, Libby is the Queen. She is the Queen of the House, I have to admit it. Libby is a Maine Coon Cat. My mom paid $120 for her 12 years ago. She was named Libby because my mom and Leah were in Liberty, Maine when they got her. She's really smart and is alot like a dog which makes her a pretty cool cat. Two years ago on May 31st (when she was 10 years old) Libby was outside hunting voles when a really, really bad dog came into our yard and attacked her. The dog was a rottenwhiler. He shattered her back leg so bad that it had to be putated (that means cut off!) She was really sick and had to get blood from nice cats that donated it. After 5 days my mom told the doctors that she wanted to bring her home because she didn't want her to die in the hospital. My mom slept with Libby and woke up all night long to make sure she was still breathing. After a couple of days Libby started to get better! Libby didn't like the hospital, she just wanted to come home to be with mom. So now she only has three legs. She uses my stairs to get up on the couch or my mom's bed. I have to make sure I go to bed before her or she steals my spot by mom. When she's not looking, I eat her food!! hahaha

11 comments:

Cutie Judy said...

I've met your whole family Pedro, human and other wise........they are ALL very cute! Although you and Libby are definetly the cutest!!

jp

Pink Chihuahua Princess said...

I'm so glad that Libby got better, Pedro!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Come back soon.

Jane said...

Hi Pedro! You are adorable and I want to give Libby a big smooch! I remember when your mom and Leah went to pick up Libby in Maine. They stopped in to see us in New Hampshire! I can't believe that was 12 years ago! Time goes by so fast.

Give our love to the whole family!
Jane, Chas, Lex & Caitie
The Donohues

Pedro said...

Thanks for visiting my blog Pink! Hope you're feeling better!

Pedro said...

Yeah Jane! I'm so glad you came to see my blog. My mom says hi to all of you!

Rambo said...

Wow! Libby is pretty (for a cat of course) That's too bad about her leg. I hope that rottenweiler got into big trouble. That's why I don't like big dawgs (only Sam the Ham) Their mouths are too big too.
Cousin Rambo

Pedro said...

Hey Rambo! We never found out where the rottenweiler lived. My mom couldn't chase it down because she had to take Libby to the emergency vet. It cost alot of money to get Libby fixed up too! Other people in our neighborhood lost cats and they think that dog was responsible. Luckily we never saw the dog again. Hopefully it moved far away.

Felicity said...

I love that cat...i remember when you got her, and when the violation happened...(sigh)

Pedro said...

I know. It was a horrible, horrible time... Thank God she made it through ok. It would have been a violent end to a beautiful life had she not pulled through.
Rachel - Mom of Them ALL (hahaha)

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

I found the 3 legged cat! What a wonderful story and what a great mom you guys have. Libby is sort of like our Misty, in that they both survived terrible health issues. They are both about the same age too!
--JB

Pedro said...

JB,
Thanks for looking for Libby. She is such a good cat and seems to have been totally unaffected (other than the missing leg) by the whole horrible experience.
Pedro's Mom,
Rachel

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails