Monday, July 13, 2009

Mango "Minor"

I recently received this gigantic box in the mail from my friends Mango, Ximiu and Chubs. I read a post on Rocky's blog about a package he received from them and in that post Rocky referred to Mango as "Mango Minor". I thought that was a very clever way to differentiate him from Mango the Large so I'm borrowing it for the headline of this post! When my mom put the box down I knew right away that Mango sent me what I've always wanted, what I really need, what I deserve, my birthright - my very own personal PEDESTAL! Yes! I am now elevated to new heights! My importance is magnified! I am truly the King of my castle! I......., oh, my mom just told me we need to open the box to see what it really is. Sorry, I guess I got a little carried away.
Ok, so we opened my pedestal, er, box and Mom read the letter to Ziggy and me. Lo and behold, the box was not in fact a pedestal but a package containing many wonderful things including 5 new rocks for our coffee table!Mango told us he set out on the hunt, working hard leading the pack of pugs on their quest for the best rocks for our table. According to Mango though, Ximui and Chubs were more interested in what their mom was cooking in the kitchen than they were in finding rocks in the yard, but he impressed upon them the importance of their mission and so they followed their leader. First Mango found the black and red rocks. Then together they found the white one.Once back home, while getting ready to email me the pictures, Mango eyed up his mom's collection of rocks that she had gotten on a trip to Vietnam and thought he would donate a couple of them to the cause. Whoa, Vietnam is half way around the world!
The red, black and white rocks came from Mango's home in Richardson, Texas which is 1,635 miles from my house in New York. The purple and green rocks came from Vietnam which is a whopping 8,882 miles (14,293 kilometers) away from me!
Diving deeper into the box we found this coffee mug for my mom! Libby says, "You're darn right Mango! If you love my mom you better love me too!" Libby looks a little stern in that picture but she's really a very, ahem, charming cat. (She is holding a claw to my throat as I write this but I mean every word I say... really!)
Then we found a HUGE bag of green and white toys! They match our green and white rug! The official school colors for the town I live in are also green and white! Good job Mango, Ximiu & Chubs on your color choice :P Lastly, we found a bag of delicious treats, oh yeah! Ziggy and I loved those treats but the really funny thing is, so did Libby! My mom always says Libby acts more like a dawg than a cat! I hope she doesn't get any bright cat-brained ideas now about stealing all my food and treats...
There are so many rocks and shells in the table now that at first glance it might be difficult to spy the ones Mango, Ximiu & Chubs sent to me. If you look closely though, you will see the green rock from Vietnam almost glowing on the right side with the rest of their rocks around it! Thanks so much guys for sending us such a diverse collection of rocks from Texas and Vietnam and also for all the outstanding presents! You three rock!

25 comments:

Cloud the Wonder Dog said...

Wow Pedro, that is pawsome!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Very cool gifts!!! I do hope you plan on keeping the pedestal too... that was my favorite!

Mango the Maltese kiddo said...

Wooooof!
I'm glad you have received the rocks and other pressies!
Now the Texas rocks are happy together with other rocks from other places.
Pedro! You're one of our fav cool friends whom we love dearly.
I chose the green&white toys for you 'cause I know that are your official school colors (and your rug too), am I thoughtful enough to be your buddy?
Ximui&Chubs here: Mango tried to impresse you. He got those toys 'cause it was on clearance sale after Christmas season!!!
Mango: Ahhhhhh!
Love y'all.

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Those are awesome rocks! Mango, Ximiu and Chubs live in the next town from us!

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Wow what kewl pressies Pedro, Ximui and Chubs!! Enjoy!!

Smileys!
Dory

Bijou said...

Hi Pedro,

Terrific pressies, treats and rocks!

The table is looking pawesome!

Wags & wiggles,
Bijou

Mango the Maltese kiddo said...

Pedro Pedro,
Please visit and clap your hands for Snowy&Crystal 3 years blogging!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

That box will pawmit woo one of two things:

1) Woo khan khome to Pawsylvania and visit me
or
2) Woo khan get rid of that 'oh so nice khat'

Furry nice things woo got and the rokhks were BIG KHOOL!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Lorenza said...

Hi, Pedro!
Mango sent you all pawesome presents (pedestal included)
The rocks are great too!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Snowy and Crystal said...

WOW we totally LOVE the beutiful rocks that handsome Mango and his brothers sent .. so vewy pwetty ^_^

so thoughtful and sweet of them to also send you other pressies

Maltese Paws

S&C

p.s. the cat that you saw in the video belongs to mommy's younger brother .. The little squeakers (GP) are mommys. We were trying to officially introduce them 4 months ago, but our mommy didn't get the chance to do it later on .. We are happy to read that you liked that video though ;)

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Can't Mom stuff the box and let you have your pedestal??? Lovely rocks, pressies, and treats - that was just so great of Mango Minor.

Woo, the OP pack

Asta said...

Pedro
I do think you desewve a pedestal, but what was inside was soopew cool!
All those wocks and pwessies fowm Mango Ximui and Chubbs..they awe the kindest and most considewate fwiends.
I hope all of you enjoy the tweats too. We've been so lucky wif the nice cool summew evenings, no wondew youw fwiends liked it hewe
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Lacy said...

w00fs, those pups sure send cool pressies...me still loves my mousie....and bear loves the treats..

b safe,
~rocky~

Huskee and Hershey said...

Those rocks are so pretty!!
Mango, Ximui and Chubs (plus their mom of course) did such a great job at selecting those stones and pressies (and not forgetting the box.. oops.. we meant pedestal)!!

Dexter said...

That little Mango Minor sends the most awesome packages, doesn't he?

Slobbers,
Mango (Major)

Baby Rocket Dog and Hootie said...

Outstanding booty!! The pedestal did make you look like king of the palace...it might need a little velvet or something to fancy it up a bit. Rocks from Vietnam...soon you will have the whole world in rocks!! So cool. Have a great week buddy.
Smooches from pooches,
BabyRD & Hootie

Deefor said...

That table looks great. Each rock is special. And you can still use the pedestal. Maybe even to get on the table.

Deefor

Chef said...

OMG Pedro. What a great bunch of presents from Mango. I'm glad you have a pedestal - now you know how it feels to be a tall dog like me. It's a nice view from up there, eh?
The rocks are fantastic, by the way. And each one is so meaningful. What a great idea that was.

xox
Chef

the many Bs said...

hi Pedro, that's a great pedestal that you got filled with cool rocks and pressies! we are totally amazed that you got special rocks all the way from Viet Nam. they look like really special rocks too. how fun.

woofs.

Tiffany and the Munchkins said...

Hi Pedro. We finally got caught up on your blog and boy do we love it! Mom and Sis think you are super handsome. Those are some awesome rocks and presents you got from Mango, Ximiu, and Chubs. We'll have to do some exploring around our house to see what we can come up with for your table.

Chihuahua kisses,
Bentley (& Lexus)

Moco said...

That table is looking good. how lucky are you to get all those cool treats?

Princess Patches said...

Hey Pedro! Cool rocks, toys and treats! Your coffee table is filling up nicely! BTW, Mom says a Dremel tool actually works better than a PediPaws, but the Dremel doesn't have a guide. The PediPaws works okay, it just takes quite a while on our ginormous toe nails! It might work better on yours! We also go through lots of replacement sanding spools.

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

powder-puff said...

Hey pedro!

Those are some fantastic pressies!
Hope you are having a great day!

lotsa love
puff

Pee.ess
Little ivy girl sends her greetings!

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

That is a great gift from Mango Minor. I bet Libby was really happy when she saw the mug. Sometimes cats don't show their true feelings....we are very complex you know.
--JB

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Pedro we had a beautiful morning today.. It was maybe 80.. So off to the lake we went... he he


Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails